Articles & PapersDumping the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act: The Case for Using State Law to Fight Abusive Debt Collection Practices
Published in the Fall 2012 edition of the Texas Journal of Consumer & Commercial Law Consumer Resources
- Better Business Bureau : a great way to try to resolve disputes before having to hire a lawyer
- Texas Attorney General Information : on the Deceptive Trade Practices Act
- Comptroller of the Currency : Federal regulator of most national banks
- Texas Debt Collection Act : a list of Texas laws governing debt collectors
- Texas Debt Collector Search : All third party debt collectors must carry a bond and register with the secretary of state. You can check whether a debt collector is registered at this site.
Family Law Resources
What to Expect in Texas Family Courts : a publication by the Texas Young Lawyer’s Association
Pro Se Divorce Handbook : Representing Yourself in Texas Family Courts - a publication by the Texas Young Lawyer’s Association. We recommend you don’t represent yourself because so much can go wrong. Take advantage of our affordable legal services and get it done right.
Information on Collaborative Law : a growing approach to divorce and custody cases designed to minimize conflict and save costs.
Out-In-SA - 11/18/2016 : Preparing Our Community for the Trump Years
Facing Our Legal Issues - QSan Antonio : an article written by Justin Nichols containing free forms for LGBT couples
Out-In-SA - 6/26/2015 : Now That You Can Get Married... a Few Words of Advice
Pride Center San Antonio : located at 147 E. Mistletoe Ave. San Antonio, TX 78212