In recent years the LGBT community has made great strides, but there is so much left to be done. Regrettably, until full equality is achieved, members of the LGBT community often face special and unique legal issues in their lives. A lawyer who understands these issues can help LGBT persons and couples overcome these barriers.
Whether through estate planning, name or gender marker changes, agency documents (such as powers of attorney), delicate family issues, employment discrimination, or another problem unique to the LGBT community, we're here to help!
In the Community, on YOUR Side
Like everyone else, members of the LGBT community sometimes have legal issues or problems come up. But, often times members of the LGBT community may feel nervous, embarrassed, or apprehensive about sharing the details of their history and legal problem with a lawyer. That's not a problem at our firm.
We have the experience, compassion, and understanding needed to make our LGBT clients feel safe, comfortable, and empowered. Whoever you are, wherever you've been, and no matter where you want to go, we'll work hard to address your legal issues.
Standing Strong for the LGBT Community
Our firm is a strong supporter of LGBT rights and the LGBT community. When San Antonio was debating whether to enact its non-discrimination ordinance, our whole office was there. In fact, since the NDO was enacted, our firm represented the first two complainants, both of which received substantial media attention. When one of the largest LGBT organizations in town needed help in an intellectual property dispute, we took the case pro bono. When an obligor didn't adhere to his promise to repay an organization which provides important services to the LGBT community, we took the case pro bono, and got all the money paid in two months. When members of the LGBT community have been discriminated against by their employers, we've helped them, regardless of their ability to pay.
We believe it's not enough to talk a good game. You have to be willing to get your hands dirty, stand firm and proud, and take important cases which make a difference in the LGBT rights movement. Principles are more important than profits.
We certainly can't promise to take every case on a pro bono basis, but as a firm, we've are committed to advancing LGBT causes. Being an attorney is such a privilege, and we consider it our duty to give back to a community which is often underserved in the legal profession.
Make It Official - A Program Serving the Trans Community of Texas
We are pleased to offer our Make It Official program, offering low cost, flat fee name and gender marker changes for the trans community in Texas.
To learn more, visit our Make It Official page by clicking here.
In the News for LGBT Issues
- Out-In-SA - 11/18/2016 : Preparing Our Community for the Trump Years
- Out-In-SA - 6/26/2015 : Now That You Can Get Married... a Few Words of Advice
- Texas Public Radio- 7/18/2014 : Major AT&T Project Could Be in Jeopardy if Company Violated NDO
- KSAT 12 San Antonio- 7/17/2014 : Major AT&T Project Could Be in Jeopardy if Company Violated NDO
- Texas Public Radio- 5/14/2014 : Lesbian Couple Files Complaint on Alleged NDO Violation
- Dallas Voice - 1/7/2014 : Transgender man files complaint against AT&T for violation of NDO
- Lone Star Q - 1/7/2014 : San Antonio man says AT&T fired him for being transgender, in 1st complaint under city’s NDO
- QSan Antonio - 1/10/2014 : Fired Trans AT&T Employee Files Complaint